Dark and dull skin can be caused by overexposure to the sun, environmental pollution, a medical condition, dry skin, stress, poor lifestyle choices, and prolonged use of chemical-based cosmetic products.
Many people work hard to achieve fair and flawless skin. The market is flooded with skin-lightening creams and lotions. But such products have harmful chemicals that can ultimately damage your skin. Often the products are expensive, too.
How to get Natural Face Lightening?
Here are the top 7 ways to lighten skin naturally.
1. Drink more water and follow a healthy diet
Drinking water and eating right won’t magically make your skin lighter, but it will help the skin to rejuvenate itself.
- When skin rejuvenates, the old, pigmented layers fade away, and fresh, new skin is revealed, leaving your skin looking brighter and healthier. Drinking more water speeds up this process, so you try to drink between six and eight glasses a day.
- A proper diet also helps to keep your skin looking fresh and healthy by providing it with the vitamins and nutrients it needs. Try to eat as much fresh fruit and vegetables as possible (especially those high in vitamins A, C, and E) and stay away from processed foods.
- You should also consider taking a vitamin supplement containing ingredients such as Grape-seed Extract (which provides anti-oxidant benefits) and Flax-seed or Fish oil, both of which contain Omega-3 and are excellent for hair, skin, and nails.
Turmeric is often used to improve skin complexion. It helps build up the kind of melanin content to maintain an even skin tone. Also, turmeric has antiseptic and antioxidant properties that are good for your skin’s overall health.
- Mix turmeric with some olive oil and chickpea flour to form a paste. Apply the paste to the skin using gentle circular motions. This will help to exfoliate the skin.
- Leave the turmeric paste to sit on the skin for 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing off. The Turmeric may stain your skin slightly yellow, but this should quickly wear off.
- Repeat this treatment once or twice a week for best results. You can also use turmeric in your Indian cooking!.
- You can also cook with turmeric or use it to make teas and smoothies. It is very beneficial to your skin when it’s ingested.
3. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera can alleviate hyperpigmentation and restore your skin’s original color. Hyper-pigmentation is one of the leading causes of uneven skin tone.
Also, the cooling effect of aloe vera helps regenerate new cells and rebuild damaged tissue, which is essential for healthy skin. This simple remedy using aloe vera gel can lighten dark spots and improve your overall skin complexion.
- Cut the outer layers of an aloe vera leaf. Squeeze out the thick, jelly-like substance.
- Apply the gel thoroughly on your skin.
- Leave it on for about 30 minutes, and then wash it off with water.
- Do this at least twice daily for two weeks.
Papaya is regularly used in various beauty treatments and can also be used to lighten your skin complexion. Papaya is believed to contain natural bleaching properties, and the different nutrients in it will make your skin glow with health.
- Eat papaya as a fruit. The general cleansing properties of papaya will cleanse the skin of impurities that could be causing it to darken.
- Rub the inner part of the skin of a papaya on your face. Allow it to dry. Then wash your face with cold water and pat it dry. This will give your skin a beautiful glow. Do this daily.
- Mash a ripe papaya and mix it with one cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Massage the mixture all over your face and neck. Leave it on for at least 30 minutes before washing it off with cold water. Do this at least once a week to notice a visible change in your skin tone.
Cucumber binds collagen and ensures that your skin is firm as well as supple. Supple and firm skin often has an even and light skin tone. Cucumber also has a cooling effect on your skin. It is suitable for all skin types.
- Place cucumber slices directly on the dark skin areas in need of lightening treatment. Leave them on for a few minutes, remove them and then rinse your skin with lukewarm water. Do this twice daily.
- Grate a cucumber and mix it with honey to make a spot-reducing mask. Apply the mask on your face and neck. Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water. Do this twice daily for effective results.
- You can also mix one teaspoon each of lemon juice and cucumber juice. Apply it on your face, leaving it on for 15 to 20 minutes or until it dries. Wash it off with water. Do this once daily.
Yogurt, a by-product of milk, has many nutrients that are good for the skin. It also contains lactic acid that has bleaching properties. The following remedies are suitable for all skin types.
- Gently rub plain yogurt onto your skin. Leave it on for a few minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water. Do this once daily for several weeks to notice a significant change in your complexion.
- Alternatively, mix one tablespoon of fresh yogurt with one-half tablespoon of honey. Apply the mixture on your face and neck. Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes and then wash it off with water. Do this daily to improve your skin tone and complexion.
- You can also add a little lemon juice and some oatmeal to yogurt to make a thick paste, and apply it as a face mask. This remedy will also help keep your skin supple and moisturized.
7. Coconut Water
Some people claim that coconut water is an effective skin lightener, and it also makes skin supple and smooth.
- To use, dip a cotton ball in the liquid and use it to rub the coconut water all over the surface you wish to lighten. Coconut water is very natural and gentle, so there’s no need to rinse it off.
- You can also drink coconut water to boost your hydration levels and increase your intake of several essential minerals.
If you don’t want to do anything and have no leisure from your work, then Click Here & get Face Lightening Serum-Free Delivery.